Root Institute for Wisdom Culture, a socially engaged Dharma Center, based in Bodhgaya, Bihar. Root Institute is looking to recruit a qualified, dynamic, compassionate and experienced fundraiser and publicity officer to start as soon as possible. The Fundraiser/Publicity officer is appointed by the Center Director for a period of one year, with two months leave during the summer and the option to extend their contract further.
- Work closely with the director and accountant to develop budgets for RI and its projects
- Developing creative and clearly outlined fundraising goals and practical ways to achieve them.
- Researching potential donors.
- Managing a membership program
- Developing collaboration with companies/benefactors in India and abroad.
- Assessing ways to help our sister dharma centers in India and abroad.
Qualifications required for this position:
- Graduation with a degree in business administration, management or finance.
- Experience working with a non-profit organization or in a dharma center.
- Enjoys being with people and knows how to make people happy and comfortable
- Communicates effectively, skillfully and compassionately.
- Knows how to photograph people and places.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of web development
- Good organisational skills
- A healthy sense of humour.
- A monthly stipend commensurate with the applicants qualifications
- Free accommodation and three delicious vegetarian meals at the Centre
- Free access to Shakyamuni Buddha Community Health Care Clinic
- Travel expenses to home country/state once a year
- 2 months of unpaid leave per year, during the summer months
Please email the Director, Tenzin Paldron the following to email@example.com: