TEACHING ASSISTANT NEEDED – POSITION CURRENTLY FILLED
Root Institute for Wisdom Culture, a socially engaged Dharma Center, is looking to recruit a qualified, dynamic, compassionate Teaching Assistant for our residential FPMT Basic Program from March 13th to April 29th 2017 & from September 4th 2017 to 28th April 2018 (eight months per year).
The Basic Program and the general spiritual program will run from September to April, allowing the Teaching Assistant to enjoy a four month break during our hot summer season. The Teaching Assistant is appointed by the Center Director and the Basic Programme Coordinator for a period of two years, with the option to extend additional two years.
- Tutor the Basic Program students facilitating their learning
- Lead the morning meditations througout the programme
- Lead the discussion groups
- Attend all BP teachings
- Prepare weekly quizes
- Prepare and mark subject exams
- Keep track of the BP registrar
- Facilitate occasional introductory discussion groups and leading occasional group meditations from the general spiritual programme is needed.
Qualifications required for this position:
- Graduation/near graduation from the FPMT Basic or Masters Program
- Good teaching and facilitation capabilities
- Computer literacy and good organisational skills
- A compassionate manner with studentsand staff
- A healthy sense of humour.
- Basic Program and Masters Program graduates are invited to apply.
- Those who have completed most of the Basic Program without having graduated yet are also invited to apply.
- A monthly stipend commensurate with the applicants qualifications
- Free accommodation and three delicious vegetarian meals at the Centre
- Free access to Shakyamuni Buddha Community Health Care Clinic
- Travel expenses to home country/state once a year
- 4 months of unpaid leave per year, during the summer months
Please email the Basic Programme Coordinator Thupten Khadro: email@example.com the following:
- A professional CV
- A Dharma CV
- A letter of motivation, including why you wish to work at Root Institute.
- A photo
- 2 Professional references
- 1 Spiritual reference/dharma friend