Root Institute for Wisdom Culture, a socially engaged Dharma Center, is looking to recruit a qualified Interpreter primarily for our residential FPMT Basic Programfrom September 4th 2017 to 28th April 2019.
The Basic Program will run from September to April, allowing the Interpreter to enjoy a four month break during our hot summer season. The Interpreter is appointed by the Center Director and the Basic Programme Coordinator for a period of two years, with the option to extend additional two years.
- Translate Geshe Rabga’s BP weekly teachings.
- Prepare for the teachings with Geshe Rabga
- Translatefor Geshe Rabga’s 4 days courses that are part of the general spiritual programme.
- Translate for interviews, meetings and other events for Geshe Rabga.
- Translate for visiting teachers part of the general spiritual programme as per needed.
Qualifications required for this position:
- Graduation/near graduation from the FPMT LotsawaRinchenZangpo Translators Programme or another qualified program
- Fluent in english
- Good knowledge of Dharma terms
- Responsible and punctual
- A monthly stipend commensurate with the applicants qualifications
- Free accommodation and three delicious vegetarian meals at the Centre
- Free access to Shakyamuni Buddha Community Health Care Clinic
- Travel expenses to home country/state once a year
- 4 months of unpaid leave per year, during the summer months
Please email the Spiritual Programme Coordinator Thupten Khadro: email@example.com the following:
- A professional CV
- A Dharma CV
- A letter of motivation, including why you wish to work at Root Institute.
- A photo
- 2 Professional references
- 1 Spiritual reference/dharma friend