Tushita Meditation Centre
We are currently seeking a Housekeeping Manager who can oversee all aspects of housekeeping at Tushita, from Feb/March to November 2017. The role involves supervision of the local staff, the preparation and cleaning of our rooms, bathrooms & facilities; setting up the meditation halls; assigning karma yoga daily jobs to our students during check-ins etc.
The manager ideally requires a good attention to detail and would ensure that our rooms and facilities are maintained to a high standard. You need to be able to work well under pressure and be good at prioritizing tasks and managing those tasks within the housekeeping team. Good communication skills and patience are essential. Plus, it requires someone who is able to keep a keen eye on assessing the general needs of the centre and prioritizing housekeeping tasks.
We are looking for somebody with the following skills:
- Be a team player as well as be able to work on their own as and when the need arises
- Can manage people from different cultures/countries
- Have an appreciation and basic understanding of Buddhism
- Is well organized, can manage time and is detail oriented
- Can converse in English is essential. (Knowledge of Hindi is a definite plus)
- Havingprior experience in a similar role will be definite advantage
All volunteer positions include a 1 month mutual trial period.
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn from offering service in a supportive Dharma environment. This position involves a 6 day working week. Minimum commitment 3 months – starting as soon as possible – with accommodation and board provided onsite at Tushita, as well as the possibility to join Dharma & meditation classes around your volunteer schedule as well as light offerings, pujas and special events.
If you have the necessary experience & skills, please contact us on email@example.com a small write up about you and why you would like to volunteer at Tushita.